So somehow almost all of the holds I had placed at the library became available within a week or so of each other. The stack of books on my shelf is now 8 books tall (and that’s after I returned 2 that I just wasn’t into reading right this moment). At least the weather is cooperating; grey, rainy afternoons just beg to be spent curled up in a cozy blanket with a hot drink and a good book. In no particular order, here are the books I’ll be reading in the next month.
- And the Mountains Echoed – Khaled Hosseini
- Loving Frank – Nancy Horan
- The Midwife – Jennifer Worth
- The Baker’s Daughter – Sarah McCoy
- Happier at Home – Gretchen Rubin
- The Interestings – Meg Wolitzer
- Lean In – Sheryl Sandberg
- Family Driven Faith – Voddie Bachman
And there are still 5 more on hold…
- Bones of the Lost – Kathy Reichs
- Cooked – Michael Pollan
- Life after Life – Kate Atkinson
- Daring Greatly – Brené Brown
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth
And Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist on my list as well…
What can I say? I love to read! What are you reading?
I have fourteen blogs.
It’s a bit much, I know. About half of them, 0r more, are projects or collaborations with friends. Some are private; most of them just represent different stages of my life. One of them, Go Forth and Eat!, is one that I actually somewhat keep up on. Or at least plan to keep up on. Oh, and this one. I think. To be honest, I love the name of another one of my blogs, but I should keep this one. I think two is a reasonable number of blogs to maintain.
I’m overwhelmed at the prospect of starting to write again, both here and on my food blog. Just because I haven’t been writing. And that doesn’t really make sense, does it? I should just start again. Maybe the explanations will just weave in as I continue to share my story.
I’m not a fantastic storyteller or writer. I’m just not. But it’s ok. I just have to write. This really, insanely bothers the perfectionistic side of me. I’m embarrassed by my old posts. And my current posts. The truth is that I don’t have to be perfect; I just have to pursue excellence. And start writing again. 🙂
For now, I’ll just share a picture of me with my adorable 1 year old daughter, whom I’ll call E. She is ridiculously cute and such a delight!
With fall upon us, I have found even greater delight in curling up with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee, a fluffy blanket, and a great book, preferably with time to read said book cover to cover. So without further ado, I will share my current reading list after my trip to the library today!
- Feminine Appeal – Carolyn Mahaney
- This Momentary Marriage – John Piper
- No Greater Love – Mother Teresa
- Because He Loves Me – Elyse Fitzpatrick
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – Rebecca Skloot
- The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 – Lawrence Wright
- Girls in White Dresses – Jennifer Close
- In Pursuit of Silence: Listening for Meaning in a World of Noise – George Prochnik
- My Life as a Traitor – Zarah Chahramani
- Girl in Translation – Jean Kwok
- Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 – Steve Coll
More will follow, I assure you! In addition, John is reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to me every night since I’ve never read the Chronicles of Narnia, having chosen C.S. Lewis’s more obscure works. If, of course, you have any recommendations, please do not hesitate to share! I will most likely read them and let you know what I think!