So somehow almost all of the holds I had placed at the library became available within a week or so of each other. The stack of books on my shelf is now 8 books tall (and that’s after I returned 2 that I just wasn’t into reading right this moment). At least the weather is cooperating; grey, rainy afternoons just beg to be spent curled up in a cozy blanket with a hot drink and a good book. In no particular order, here are the books I’ll be reading in the next month.
- And the Mountains Echoed – Khaled Hosseini
- Loving Frank – Nancy Horan
- The Midwife – Jennifer Worth
- The Baker’s Daughter – Sarah McCoy
- Happier at Home – Gretchen Rubin
- The Interestings – Meg Wolitzer
- Lean In – Sheryl Sandberg
- Family Driven Faith – Voddie Bachman
And there are still 5 more on hold…
- Bones of the Lost – Kathy Reichs
- Cooked – Michael Pollan
- Life after Life – Kate Atkinson
- Daring Greatly – Brené Brown
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth
And Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist on my list as well…
What can I say? I love to read! What are you reading?
“We read to know we are not alone.” – C.S. Lewis
Though what I read has changed over the years, this quote still holds true for me. Especially on grey, rainy June days when I can found with a cup of coffee and a book.
My friend, Ariel K. Price, is hosting a book giveaway on her blog this week! Go check it out! http://arielkprice.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/book-giveaway/
This giveaway is to promote her new business website arielkprice.com (which my husband designed!). I’m proud of both of them!
Today was a lazy day – you know the kind of day… jeans and a hoodie, hair pulled into ponytail, eating breakfast for all three meals (cinnamon rolls, eggs & hash browns, and cereal respectively) kind of day. Despite that, I did manage to both get some work done as well as write this post of five favorites from my week.